We are looking for new talent to join our team. Q4 - 2018
Title: Desktop Support Technician I
Updated - 08-28-18
Sublime Computer Services is the I.T. Department for small and medium sized businesses in middle Tennessee. Our client base continues to grow and we need another technician. We are looking for someone to help us continue to grow who is interested in advancing in their own skills and position within the company.
The Desktop Support Technician (Technician) for Sublime Computer Services will be employed to provide exceptional customer service and act as part of the Sublime help desk. The Technician must be able to quickly and correctly diagnose what is wrong with a computer system and how best to fix it. If there is no way to repair an issue in a timely manner via remote control, then an onsite visit is required. The Technician will be dispatched to resolve the issue. The Technician will exhibit a desire to help people, good communication skills, patience, flexibility, good time management skills, and the ability to start and finish projects without micromanagement. The Technician must demonstrate a blend of technical skills, customer service skills, and responsibility in order to perform their job well.
Benefits: Blue Cross Blue Shield health insurance, Aflac supplemental insurance, two weeks vacation.
- You will be able to help the small / medium business community.
- You will be in a good position within the early stages of a growing company.
- You will be constantly learning new things.
- Your income based on performance.
- 2-3 years of experience in technical support.
- Diploma from a Computer Technical School or Bachelors of Science
- Certifications: A++, MCP
Travel: 15% Metro Nashville and surrounding areas
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Display a positive, confident and supportive attitude at all times to the team and to our clients
- Provide telephone and remote support to our wide variety clients and industries throughout the United States
- Evaluate a client issue, assign severity level, determine the problem source, resolve the issue or escalate to appropriate personnel
- Use knowledge based system and other tools to deliver technical support solutions
- Log client data, including contact information, problem statement and resolution in appropriate tools
- Install operating systems, support and maintain client computer systems
- Assist clients with device setup and education
- Work with 3rd party vendors (software, hardware, ISP) to fix client issues
- Proactively find new technology trends and solutions to better serve our clients
- Write technical documentation for installations, configurations, or education
- The ability to solve problems by applying logic
- Excellent computer skills
- Excellent voice and phone skills that provide an Exceptional Customer Service Experience
- A deep understanding of how the Windows operating system works
- Understand How to add and modify users in Active Directory
- Understanding of how to use and configure TCP/IP, DNS, and DHCP
- Ability to work from home unsupervised
- Follow technical instructions
- Attention to Detail
- Virus, spyware and malware removal
- Install printers, scanners and peripherals
- Install patches and updates
- Able to lift 75 pounds
A list of client applications that we support:
- Windows OS: Windows 7, 8 and 10
- Mac Os: X
- Antivirus: Deep Instinct, Vipre, Bit Defender
- Networks: Wired and wireless
- Backup Software: Veeam, Windows Backup, Acronis, StorageCraft
- Cloud Software: Logmein, Kaseya, Solarwinds, G Suite, Office 365
- Client Software: MS Office suites, Quickbooks and industry specific software
- Mobile Hardware: Iphone, Google phones, Windows Mobile.
Please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org